Monday, March 11, 2013

Air Time

The absence of any Doctor Who DVD review or other article of interest on this blog yesterday can be readily explained by my own absence. I was away from my computer, with an important media appointment to keep.

Yes, friend, gentleman and fellow pub-quizmeister Retro Robnoxious Spooner invited me in for a guest spot on his Sunday afternoon radio show at Source FM, based in Falmouth.

Unaccustomed as I am to media exposure, a fun time was had by all and I have to thank Rob for being such a great host and creating such a terrific relaxed atmosphere.

Rob has also very kindly sent me a link to the full recording of the event - so I'm posting it here, for your listening pleasure.


The Rob Noxious Retro Radio Show 10.03.13

(Approx 28 mins in is where you'll first hear me and William Shatner does a great version of Pulp's Common People at around the 44 min mark.)

Of course, the day also happened to be Mother's Day and amid all the fun we had chatting about books, Evil, Doctor Who and sci-fi in general, there was a serious point at the heart of the proceedings.

We were spreading the word about our Evil vs. Cancer campaign (see our Evil UnLtd blog for details or here on Prefect Slog). Hope the listeners had as good a time as we did and fingers crossed we'll have won a few more sales in aid of Cancer Research UK.

This one goes out to you, Mum.


SAF

4 comments:

Rob Noxious said...

You were in cracking form Simon and I'm hoping for a similarly inspired performance in the quiz for 'Odds & Sods' this Thursday. And if all else fails, keep it Retro!

Rob Noxious said...

You were in cracking form Simon and I'm hoping for a similarly inspired performance in the quiz shoot-out with our arch enemies this Thursday! And remember: if all else fails, keep it Retro!

Todd said...

Amazing ! This is cool!

Verlene said...

This is cool!